The online Earth Vigil can be powerful and much appreciated space for multi faith prayer and meditation session with practice focused on our love and grief for the Earth. It will run alongside the Glasgow Earth Vigil from 1100 to 1700 daily between the 31st October to the 12th November, with no session on the 6th November. The vigil will primarily be a space for silent reflection with potentially some short offerings or sharings. In the evening from 1830 to 1930 there will be a more facilitated session from a variety of faith perspectives.
It allows us to:
To bear witness for the Earth
To provide a regenerative space of spiritual resourcing for all who wish to share in it
To enrich our spiritual practices by experiencing and sharing in each other’s traditions and practices
To build a community of respect, support and friendship by creating a shared sacred space
We are looking for volunteers to host zoom sessions for the online vigil. This involves:
1. Open each hour with a word of welcome
2. Ask everyone to mute unless they feel moved to make a contribution (song, prayer, poem), in which case they should raise a hand and the leader will invite them to unmute (and make sure they are muted when they finish)
3. Stay until the next leader arrives, then “close the hour” and hand over to the next leader for their opening word of welcome to the next hour
4. Boot out anyone who is trolling the session
5. Introduce anything that is happening at the Glasgow Earth Vigil.
You can sign up to host one of the session here.
If you would like to get involved in contributing to a session, helping to facilitate or organise then please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online vigil link
The zoom link for the online vigil is here.